1. SIGNS OF HAIL DAMAGE THAT INDICATE PROBABLE DAMAGE TO YOUR ROOF:
- If your window screens, window beading, siding or automobile or damaged from hail than the roof is probably damaged.
- A large quantity of roof granules accumulating in the driveway or beneath the gutter downspout indicate a potential problem.
- If you can see where hail stones hit your roof and left a permanent black mark on the shingles your roof has sustained damage.
2. WIND DAMAGE ASSESSMENT TO ROOF
- Wind damage to the roof may be difficult to see from the ground.
- Obvious wind damage is when shingles are missing or they flap in the wind.
- Many times the roof has to be inspected.
3. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON STORM DAMAGE
- Hail stones and wind can create both immediate and/or future water problems.
- Hail damage voids most shingle warranties.
- Hail and wind damage are covered by most insurance policies.
- Hail stones can puncture shingles.
- The damage created by hailstones on a roof varies based upon the size of the stone, wind velocity, duration of the storm and hardness of the ice.
- The age and type of the roof either increase or decrease the likelihood of damage from wind or hail.
If you notice these after a hail storm, contact us.